Look at the pictures to the left. This is my client. She’s got a big smile on her face in that first picture. Then look below at her before and after pics and you can see why shes smiling.
Today I am going to talk about weight loss. I also want to touch on wellness as it relates to weight loss. Weight loss is something that most of us has dealt with at one time or another. Some of us deal with it all the time. And we try popular or fad diets or take pills which only solve the for a short time if that, and then we go right back to where we were or worse and sometimes our health declines. We are taught all the time that carrying too much weight is not only unattractive, but causes high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer and a whole wealth of other issues. And there is a lot of truth to this. And then we start to look at ways to lose weight. And we hear low fat, high fat, no carbs, no meat, no sugar, no sugar substitutes and we don’t know what to do or what to eat to lose weight let alone to stay healthy. We hear we should exercise and then we hear that will make us want to eat more. It becomes very confusing. I can easily get into what the food industry has done to make you think they are creating something less fattening and healthier, but as many doctors and nutritionists will tell you, it just isn’t so. Artificial sweeteners, the excess sugar in low fat alternatives, chemical additives, etc etc will not promote a healthy and sustainable weight loss.
But when it comes down to it, weight loss is a huge business, and mostly for cosmetic reasons. When we want to take off weight we want to see results and we want to see them quickly and after that we want to feel good. True?
As a chiropractor who is always looking for the additional why as far as my patient’s pain and structural issues, you may ask how does this relate to what I do. Weight plays a very important factor. First, excess weight affects our joints and spine by putting extra pressure on them. Over time this causes physical ailments: Osteoarthritis, inflammation, joint and cartilage wear and tear, shortness of breath, neck and back strain, hip and knee pain, foot pain etc. But in addition, when we don’t feel good about how we look we don’t stand tall. We slump or ‘hide’ ourselves. And over time this sets our spine out of alignment, causes kyphosis (forward head) and extra stress on our back muscles. I noticed this in some patients and realized unless I also address this issue, their structural problems and therefore aches and pains might never fully be resolved.
This led me to research protocols being used today and I found most of them inadequate or totally unhealthy or unsustainable. I asked myself what should be the components of a perfect weight loss system? I spoke to people about what mattered to them and I came up with a list.
- It must work
- People want a guarantee
- It needs to improve one’s vitals along with losing weight.
- It needs to be monitored and overseen both for results and for accountability on the part of the client.
- People want to understand why they are doing it this way
- There should only be whole foods allowed
- There shouldn’t be processed, packaged, chemicals, additives, artificial sweeteners, anything.
- Time limit
I don’t know if this is a complete list, but it was enough to go from there. I found a program that seemed to tick off the boxes and had much success delivering it. Taffuri Weight Loss powered by Nutrimost, is a wellness program designed to bring down your weight while at the same time restoring your health.
Why is it so easy to gain weight and so difficult to lose weight? Understanding why your body metabolizes the way that it does is a key component to Taffuri Weight Loss Programs. Hormones, chemicals in food and other environmental variables contribute to weight gain and loss. TWL will teach you to understand your body’s physiological response and to make decisions that help you achieve your goals.
An intellectual and purposeful approach to wellness and weight loss. Most wellness and weight loss programs are “one size fits all”. Our program offers completely personalized programs. NutriMost Intelligence generates a road map that includes a food plan, client support and supplements to support nutritional deficiencies and your overall health and well-being.
You are not alone. Any journey is made easier with help. We provide you with an unparalleled level of support on your Wellness and Weight Loss journey. Our team approach to your weight loss supports you every step of the way.
- The Program begins with an evaluation of your body and the reasons your body reacts the way that it does.
- We then construct a personalized protocol just for you.
- First, we provide a detailed food plan that includes a library of recipes so that you continue to eat a wide variety of delicious REAL food that is easy-to-prepare. You have endless options!
- We also offer you a line of all-natural supplements designed to support your body and address nutritional deficiencies.
- Recording your progress has never been easier than with our Journal. Track your progress, share with your coach, and delight in your success!
- TWL Client Support is second to none! Our practitioners and coaches who care about your health and well-being partner with you on your journey.
- We will provide a personalized nutrition report that lists ideal, preferred, and cautionary foods for your body. The report will also identify foods that are weight-gain triggers – foods to be avoided. Additionally, your personalized Protocol will outline nutritional supplements to support your body
And when you reach your goal, Taffuri Weight Loss gives you the tools to keep the weight off and stay healthy.